HOW TO BECOME A CCHS MEMBER OR RENEW
Your membership supports the mission of the historical society: to preserve and protect Clarkston’s rich history. Without people who want to invest in the community they love, we couldn’t provide historical programming and unique events, or retain fresh, exciting and educational exhibits at the Clarkston Heritage Museum. We cannot express enough how much we appreciate the partnership as members together we can ensure Clarkston’s past will not be forgotten, but protected and cherished in a manner that all the community can enjoy.
Members receive first notice and free admission to all CCHS lecture programs, qualify for a discount on CCHS merchandise and receive members-only ticket discounts on CCHS events. All members receive the CCHS newsletter, Columns, at least twice a year. Columns provides first notice of exhibit openings and special events or programs as well as local history articles and museum acquisitions. Members also receive an exclusive invitation to the annual CCHS holiday celebration.
It’s easy to join or renew! You may pay for Membership or Donations online with a credit card or print a form and send a check. Membership dues and donations are tax deductible. The historical society is a 501c-3 organization.
CLARKSTON COMMUNITY HISTORICAL SOCIETY MEMBERSHIP LEVELS
- $500 Lifetime Benefactor, One-Time Contribution
- $250 Patron, Yearly
- $100 Contributing, Yearly
- $40 Family/Individual, Yearly
CONSIDER US! OTHER WAYS TO SUPPORT THE HISTORICAL SOCIETY
The Clarkston Community Historical Society is an IRS approved 501c-3 charitable organization, meaning that any donations made are fully tax deductible. But of even greater value will be the knowledge that your donation is a reinvestment in the community you love. That’s because the mission of the historical society is to preserve and protect Clarkston’s rich history.
Donations to the historical society can be made in several ways. Direct gifts of cash or check are the most common, but some other alternatives you may want to consider include:
- Memorials, Gifts in Memory or Gifts in Honor are all possibilities. Your gift to the Clarkston Community Historical Society is a special way to remember or honor a friend or family member. All contributions are promptly acknowledged and the honored person or family member is notified. The amount of your gift remains confidential.
- Clarkston related artifacts for use in our museum, or non-Clarkston related antiques which we can sell to support our operations
- Estate assets specified in a will or other estate-planning documentation, such as a living trust
- An endowment gift that will be invested to generate income
- Naming the historical society as a beneficiary on a life insurance policy
- Matching gifts through your employer, which will effectively double the amount of your donation (check with your employer to see if they offer this benefit)
Thank you for your consideration and, of course, feel free to call our office with any questions, 248-922-0270. You can fill in the information at the bottom of this page to send in your donation or pay by credit card below. Thank you again!
PAYMENT BY MAIL
You may download and print a Membership/Donation form and send a check through the mail. Click the “Printable Membership Form” link below.
Printable Membership/Donation Form
Clarkston Community Historical Society
6495 Clarkston Rd.
Clarkston, MI 48346