Clarkston was named after two brothers,
Jeremiah and Nelson Clark. Jaremiah arrived from New York in 1832. Nelson heard
from Jeremiah that the new area he had moved to was a wonderful place to live, so
Nelson joined Jeremiah in 1836.
Two years later the brothers bought the saw mill which had
been built by Butler Holcomb near the Mill Pond.